Eastern European companies are becoming increasingly attractive to many businesses in terms of offshore software development, and Romania is among them. Over the last 20 years, software development industry has significantly grown in this country, making it one of the most favorable outsourcing locations. With over 100,000 software development professionals available, Romania is extremely popular as an offshore/nearshore location among Western European countries, and here’s why:
- Low costs. Romania offers offshore software development services at competitive rates of about $20/hour. Hourly rates of Romanian software engineers are 75% lower as compared with similar services in Western European countries and even in Eastern European countries, such as Poland and Czech Republic.
- Technical expertise. Romanian software developers are highly competent and experienced with a wide range of software methodologies and technologies.
- Communication. Romanian software developers have solid English language skills as well as an experience of working in international teams and on custom software development projects.
- Time zone difference. Romania has a very small time zone difference with Western Europe – maximum 2 hours.
- Convenient location. Romania is easy to reach with a 1-2 hour flight from major Western European airports.
- EU membership. Romania is the member of European Union, which makes it easier and safer to work with Romanian offshore software development providers.
- Economic growth. Romania belongs to the top 5 countries with the most rapid economic growth in the European Union.
Romania belongs to the top 5 countries with the most rapid economic growth in the European Union.Click to tweet
- Education in the information technology field. Every year about 7,000 IT specialists graduate from Romanian technology universities, meaning that the number of software development professionals in Romania will be gradually increasing from year to year.
- Political and economic stability. With its sustainable political and economic climate, Romania continues to attract various foreign investments thanks to the support that the government offers.
- Modern technology infrastructure. Romania offers one of the fastest growing markets of information technology custom application development.
So if you’re in the EU and are looking for offshore software development options, consider Romania as your preferred location, and you will not be disappointed.