Hire PHP developers who can start almost immediately without needing to pay recruiter fees
IT professionals are constantly in demand because talent pool of software developers is limited in most geographies. The UK, Europe and the US are no exception.
In the UK, we are seeing a general widening of the skill shortage of digital specialists:
Over a million new recruits are needed into the digital specialist workforce by 2023. 42% of employers recruiting digital specialists are already struggling to fill their vacancies, according to Tech Partnership Report.
Over a million new recruits are needed into the digital specialist workforce by 2023.Click to tweet
Firstly, if you are looking to hire a team of developers your first thought might be to consult a recruiter. One of the main concerns about recruitment services is the cost because the average recruitment fee in IT sector in US is 20% of the hired developer’s salary. In Ukraine, the fee isn’t much lower equaling 15% of the salary of the hired developer.
Secondly, as indicated above some vacancies are just difficult for recruiters to fill because available talent does not exist within the UK.
And thirdly, as a result of the second point, it can take months and months to fill a position, particularly in cities like London where there is only 0.4 candidates for every digital job posting.
We, however, live in a digital world with other options to hire software developers without needing a recruiter. In our previous articles we’ve already hinted at one possible solution to the issue of finding a dedicated team of developers (first point below).
Looking to hire a skillful PHP developer?
Extend your team with dedicated engineers.
Here is a list of alternative tactics to using traditional recruitment services:
1. Ask your professional circles for a referral.
This is often a good first step in the hiring process because employees in the IT industry, on average, change jobs every 3-4 years.
2. Attend tech events and hackathons to look for talented developers.
Events are one of the best ways to attract tech talent. They are usually focused on a specific technology or programming language. So if you are looking for:
- Python developers – PyCon is an event which gathers best developers
- Java Day – attracts top Java developers.
- Frameworks days organizes events for PHP developers and web developers.
Networking at these events can result in the formation of strategic partnerships with passionate developers.
which can be used to search for individual software developers or a team of developers.
- Upwork is currently the market-leading option to hire freelance developer.
- TopTal positions itself as an exclusive network of top freelance software developers, only admitted after passing through a meticulous screening process.
- YouTeam offers quite a different approach. We have also developed a thorough vetting process to ensure that only best companies are admitted to our hiring platform. We don’t work with freelancers, you can hire a team of developers, who are employed by vetted vendors. This model helps to eliminate a number of risks which can occur with freelancers. If this description is not 100% clear, please check out the power of our search algorithms and try to hire a developer through the YouTeam Platform.
Introducing a new and completely free service empowering you to choose the best possible team. If you are struggling to find a particular skill set in your geography, don’t fret. We invite you to access our (YouTeam’s) huge talent pool of experienced software developers. Check out these example searches: