Your Ultimate Guide to Interviewing a Vuforia Developer
As the augmented reality (AR) technologies are disrupting the game development market, the demand for AR developers is rapidly increasing. Vuforia is one of such technologies. It is an SDK for mobile devices that facilitates the creation of AR applications. Here’s how it works:
- The SDK uses computer vision technology to recognize and track planar images and simple 3D objects in real time.
- This technology makes it possible for the Vuforia developers to position and orient virtual objects in relation to the real-world images when they are viewed through the camera of a mobile device.
- The virtual object tracks the position and orientation of the image in real time so that the viewer’s perspective corresponds with the perspective on the image target.
- The virtual object appears as a part of the real-world scene.
The SDK supports native development for both Android and iOS. It also enables the development of augmented reality applications in Unity that are compatible with all devices and can be easily ported to both platforms.
Vuforia Programmer: Tech Skills
If you would like to enter the market of exciting AR technologies and hire Vuforia developers for your project, here are the tech skills that you should look for:
- Deep knowledge of the Unity 3D game development engine, including the experience with animation, GUI styles, scripting, textures, and user session management.
- Ability to integrate Vuforia SDK with the Unity engine and native Android and iOS platforms.
- Experience developing cross-platform applications with Unity.
- Complete understanding of the Unity API.
- Awareness of various types of AR types, such as .viz marker-based AR, markerless AR, SLAM based AR, object recognition, and PC based AR.
- Solid background in computer vision, augmented reality and related fields.
- Hands-on experience with 3D computer vision and AR technologies, such as 2D/3D tracking.
- Familiarity with Java, C++, Objective-C++, and .NET.
- Familiarity with the AR authoring tools, such as ARToolkit, FlarToolKit, Qualcomm AR.
- Flexibility to learn and understand the modern AR trends.
If your candidate for the position of a Vuforia developer demonstrates the majority of these skills during the interview, then be sure that they will become a valuable addition to your team. Good luck in finding the best engineers for your project!