13 Things You Should Consider When Interviewing a Salesforce Developer
Salesforce is a SaaS CRM solution, which is used not only for sales, marketing, collaboration, and analytics, but also for custom apps development. Therefore, companies that use Salesforce are often looking for Salesforce developers to develop or extend the features of the applications that are built on the Force.com platform.
In this article, we are going to tell about some essential technical skills that are typically required from candidates for the position of a Salesforce specialist.
Must-Have Technical Skills of a Salesforce Specialist
Requirements for a Salesforce developer may vary depending on their qualifications and your project requirements.
- For beginners – knowledge of Java, .NET or another object-oriented language, because Salesforce specialists use the Java-based Apex language to create the Salesforce apps; for advanced developers – experience with Apex.
- Understanding of business processes, such as sales, account management, services, etc.
- Ability to configure and deliver custom Apex/Visualforce/Lightning code in modules such as Service/Sales/Marketing/Community Cloud, Workflows, Mobile, etc. – depending on the project.
- Experience with third-party application integrations, such as Dell Boomi, Docusign, Talkdesk, and Wave Analytics.
- Experience in developing Apex classes and triggers.
- Experience in developing VisualForce pages and controllers.
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com APIs, such as SOAP, REST, BULK, and Streaming API.
- Deep knowledge of Salesforce configuration aspects and features.
- Knowledge of Salesforce Object Query Language (SOQL) and Salesforce Object Search Language (SOSL).
- Experience in migrating data from relational databases to Salesforce.
- Experience with debugging methods, such as Anonymous Code Blocks execution.
- Advanced Salesforce developers also need at least one Salesforce certification, such as Certified Force.com Developer.
As we have already mentioned, the exact skillset depends on your project requirements, so this is just an approximate list. We hope that your ideal candidate will be armed with these skills and expertise to become a valuable acquisition for your team.