A Complete Guide for Hiring A Python Developer
Python belongs to the top 3 most commonly used programming languages, because it is simple to learn, but powerful when it comes to problem-solving. Python developers are in high demand among companies that release small applications because Python is not always suitable for large and long-lasting applications. If you are going to hire a Python developer, you should consider the following skills and qualifications during the interview:
Technical Skills of a Python Programmer
- Python programmers should be experts in popular versions of Python language, such as 2.6, 2.7, 3.4, or 3.5, and understand the difference between Python 2 and Python 3.
- They should also know at least one Python web framework, such as Flask or Django.
- It’s also important to check the Understanding of the ORM (Object Relational Mappers), such as SQLAlchemy or Django ORM.
- Ability to integrate several data sources and databases into one system also belongs to important technical skills for this position.
- Experience with server-side templating languages, such as Jinja 2 or Mako, is also worth checking.
- Principles of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments also belong to the Python skillset.
- It’s also important to consider familiarity with design principles behind a scalable application.
- The candidate should be familiar with event-driven programming in Python.
- They should also understand differences between mobile and desktop platforms.
- Database schema creation skills are also important for the candidate to represent and support various business processes.
- Deep understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git or SVN, is also included in a technical skillset for this position.
- The candidate should have a strong unit test and debugging skills.
- A qualified Python developer should be able to use and develop REST APIs to integrate the application with other components.
These are the key technical skills of a Python developer. You may also ask extra questions that are specific to your project. Finally, you can ask your candidate to complete an online coding test to review the quality of their code as we practise at YouTeam. We wish you good luck in hiring a Python programmer that is a perfect fit for your development team.