Everything You Need to Know About Bitcoin Developer Skills
The tremendous growth of blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies has created a huge demand for cryptocurrency developers. Bitcoin is the first association that comes to our minds when we hear the word “cryptocurrency”. This is because bitcoin is the first cryptocoin, which was created in 2009, and thus one of the most popular cryptocurrencies. So why companies all over the world are so eager to hire bitcoin developers? There are several reasons behind that:
- Blockchain technology is the most disruptive modern technology and many fintech services are becoming blockchain-based.
- Rapid growth of the bitcoin value.
- Adoption of cryptocurrencies by big financial and banking sectors.
- Growth of profit margins in bitcoin investments.
- Global growth of initial coin offers (ICO).
Who are the bitcoin developers? These engineers should have strong knowledge of various development tools that are available on the market for easy development of bitcoin wallets, apps, or services. As any other software developer, they are also responsible for integration, testing, troubleshooting and maintenance of the software.
If your company is searching for qualified bitcoin core developers, then you would be interested in a skillset to be checked during the interview. Below, we list some technical skills that every bitcoin engineer should possess.
- Great attention to the details, because even a small error in a bitcoin transaction can result in money losses.
- Knowledge of blockchain technology and blockchain platforms such as HashGraph, Ethereum, HyperLedger, Stellar, or Ripple.
- Understanding of how transactions work in bitcoin.
- Understanding of Bitcoin Core and its two main languages, C++ and Python.
- Proficiency with one of these languages: Java, Golang, Haskell, Erlang, or Scala.
- Experience in working with distributed databases. Understanding of different distributed consensus methodologies.
- Understanding of how bitcoin wallets (paper wallets) work.
- Understanding of bitcoin mining principles.
- Familiarity with dapps (Decentralized Apps).
- Understanding of cryptography concepts.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms, e.g. Linked List, Queue, Stack, Tree, etc.
We hope that our bitcoin developer guide will help you to find the best bitcoin engineers for your team.