How to Hire a Good Android Developer
According to statistics, 97% of smartphone users have Android devices, making it the most popular mobile OS. Therefore, more and more Android apps appear on the market, and it leads to a never-ending demand for Android developers worldwide.
If you want to start Android app development from scratch, improve an existing app, or create a mobile version for your desktop or web application, then you will need an experienced Android programmer to design and develop your app.
Hiring an Android Programmer
Before you start searching for Android programmers, you should clearly define the requirements for your app and the goal of your project. When drafting the requirements, find answers to the following questions:
- Which functionality will the app have?
- What will it do?
- How should it work?
- What is the target audience for the app?
- How can it help the target audience? Which problems may it solve?
- How complex is the app? Does it require APIs and integrations?
When you are ready with the requirements, the next step is to write a detailed job post. In the job post, you should clearly outline the experience and skills that are needed to successfully design and develop your app. This will help you shortlist the most suitable candidates. When shortlisting, pay attention to their experience and knowledge of Android-specific languages, such as Java and Kotlin. If possible, look up the Android programmer’s portfolio on the Internet, so you can take a look at the apps that they developed.
The next and the most important step is the interview. At this stage, you are making a final decision on whether this candidate is a perfect match as compared to other Android programmers. During the interview, in additional to standard technical questions that are related to architecture and components of Android apps, you can ask the following questions:
- Which of your past Android app development projects was the most remarkable and why? What was your role in this project?
- What would you suggest to improve our current app? (if the app already exists)
- What are the advantages of the Android platform?
- What is a perfect mobile app, in your opinion?
We hope that these tips will help you choose the right candidate from a range of Android developers that are available on the job market. We wish you good luck in finding the candidate whose skills and expertise will become a valuable contribution to your project.